A gracious, grateful, generous, and gentle Sister of Charity farewelledPrint
Sr Patricia O’Loughlin rsc
December 13, 1929 – April 29, 2022
Mass of Christian burial, St Joseph’s Church, Albert Street, Edgecliff
Friday, May 13, 2022 10am
We acknowledge this morning that here in Edgecliff we are on the country of the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. We pay our respects to the elders, past, present and emerging. We celebrate their continuing culture, and we acknowledge the memory of their ancestors.
Today, we remember and give thanks for Patricia’s life in which we have all shared – as family, Congregational member, ministry colleague, friend, and those who have cared for Patricia in recent years.
On behalf of the Sisters of Charity and Patricia’s family I welcome everyone – those here present and those joining us online.
We are glad that we can all share this celebration.
We are truly grateful to God for Patricia’s life. A woman who was always gracious, grateful, generous, and gentle.
Her trademark smile with the twinkle in her eye as she expressed her thank you, was in itself, a gift to all with whom she came in contact.
Her various ministry placements include:
- 1953 St Canice’s Katoomba
- 1954 St Raphael’s South Hurstville
- 1956 St Joseph’s Edgecliff
- 1958-1959 St Monica’s Moonee Ponds
- 1960-1961 St Joseph’s Hobart
- 1962-1965 St Aloysius’ Kingston
- 1966-1967 St Thomas More, Brighton
- 1968-1970 St Ambrose, Concord West
- 1971-1975 St Thomas’ Lewisham
- 1976-1978 Sacred Heart, Diamond Creek
- 1979-1984 Holy Trinity, Curtin
- 1985-1986 St Joseph’s South Auburn
- 1987-1993 Parish, St Columbkille’s, Woolloomooloo
- 1994-2015 Pastoral care: St Joseph’s Village and Darlinghurst
Sr Patricia’s love for children and teaching gave her much joy.
She was adaptable and moved from teaching and administration into pastoral work.
Her motto, Without you, I can do nothing, is a hallmark of the depth of her love of Jesus, her dependence of God and her trust in Divine Providence.
- Sr Laureen Dixon
Sr Patricia’s of Christian burial can be streamed here.