Sydney RSC CompanionsPrint
Each year since 2008, the Sydney RSC Companions have gathered every four to six weeks on Sunday afternoons in Liverpool for conversation, spiritual and theological reflection and a shared afternoon tea, provided by the good cooks among our members.
In 2016 the input related to the theological reflection process so it will depend on life and world events at a time close to when we meet. This is the “finding God in all things” we learned when we began with Ignatian spirituality seven years ago.
New members are always welcome. Come along to St Anne’s Place, off Medley Avenue, Liverpool.
The dates for 2017 are: Sunday 2 April; Sunday 21 May; Sunday 2 July; Sunday 20 August; Sunday 8 October; Sunday 19 November.
Contact: Jean Montgomery RSC. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What our members say:
- Great means of development of faith education especially for people who love the sisters and appreciate the input, and feel free to share and question. I have seen trust of people grow within the group and feel very much part of it.
- I have gained confidence to speak out because of the trust that was formed in the group.
- The group has been very important and supportive for me. It is the only group where I can discuss my faith with people who share the same values. I feel really enriched by the sharing and the support in the group. It has also opened up my friendship with others in the group in a deeper more trusting way. Also we have lovely companionship over afternoon tea.
- “Members thirst for more spirituality. So much has been already” – Mary Aikenhead, Early Sisters of Charity in Australia, Ignatian Discernment, Theological Reflection… Members are so grateful for the content of each meeting. Meetings are now held in the Sisters of Charity chapel at St Anne’s Place, Liverpool.
- Companions has helped me have a broader look at what it means to be Catholic. To be “whole” not just holy.
- A time to share as a group and a time to go deeper into my own spirituality.
- Companions has allowed me to share my faith and learn more about it with a wonderful group of people that I feel very comfortable with.