Sr Elizabeth Costigan farewells Catholic Ladies College, ElthamPrint
“When faced with personal and health challenges, your inner strength and spirit have held you in good stead. In the words of St Francis de Sales: Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength.
Thank you for letting us be there for you. We have been privileged to have been part of your special celebrations, your 80th birthday last year, and more recently your Diamond Jubilee. You have touched the lives of so many members of this College community in different ways.
• thank you for your unfailing capacity to care for us
• thank you for so generously and graciously walking with us on our respective journeys
• thank you being there to celebrate the great times with us
• thank you for being there for each of us in times of personal challenge
• thank you for giving us the opportunity to experience the joy of feeling loved and truly known
Liz, when I think of you, I think about and I feel a beautiful gentle breeze, bringing love, compassion, joy and inviting discernment; spreading the love of Christ amongst us.
Read Stephanie’s full speech here: Sr Elizabeth Costigan Farewell Morning Tea – SE Speech
Main image: Sr Liz
Image 2 Sr Liz with Sisters of Charity Judith Peart and Tess Marcelo (rear), and Maureen Delaney and Loretta Bani (front)
Image 3 Sr Liz and her sister, Anne Costigan